- straight off
- adverbwithout delay or hesitation; with no time intervening-
he answered immediately-
found an answer straightaway-
an official accused of dishonesty should be suspended forthwith-
Come here now!• Syn:↑immediately, ↑instantly, ↑straightaway, ↑directly, ↑now, ↑right away, ↑at once, ↑forthwith, ↑like a shot
* * *adverb: immediately and without hesitation : at once
* * *straight off (informal)Straight away, without hesitation• • •Main Entry: ↑straight
* * *immediately
He told us right off that he wasn’t happy about the decision.Thesaurus: happening or done quickly, suddenly or immediatelysynonymMain entry: off
* * *straight offUS informal : without delay or hesitation : ↑immediately
I told him straight off that I wouldn't help him.
I knew straight off [=right away] that she was lying.• • •Main Entry: ↑straight
* * *ˌstraight ˈoff/ˈout idiom(informal) without hesitating
She asked him straight off what he thought about it all.Main entry: ↑straightidiom
Useful english dictionary. 2012.